Blogger Templates
This blog has been retired. I won't respond to any inquiries but have retained it in case it is still of interest to anyone passing by.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sharon's Little Sunbeam Award - Week 4


Timing (as they say), is everything.     
                                  
I decided this week that my little sunbeam would shine on Kylie at:


After last week's recipient (Garden of Daisies), Kylie is my longest standing blog friend.  I stumbled across her blog early on by accident looking for something (I can't remember what now) and was instantly drawn into her inviting and interesting world.  I love Kylie's sense of style and her warm Australian friendliness and enthusiasm.


Now for my reference to timing.

I had just decided to shine my little sunbeam on Kylie when a parcel arrived in the post from her.  It was a present for my birthday, a lovely vintage book called 'Ballet' by Arnold Haskell published in 1959.  

So this post gives me an opportunity to both thank Kylie for being such a great blog friend and for her sweet thoughtfulness in sending me such a lovely gift.  It also gives me a chance to show off my new treasure - I've included the cover and one of my favourites photographs from inside. 

Margot Fonteyn and Michael Somes in  Giselle
Anya Linden in Les Sylphides
I do have a recollection of this book from my childhood.  It is a long time since I last saw it though, so it is wonderful to have it in my collection.

In all the 'Sharon's Little Sunbeam' Awards I've been re-using pictures featured in earlier posts.  This week is no exception, but the two images I've chosen were not selected at random.  Both are from my Ladybird Books post.  Kylie is a collector of vintage Ladybird Books and is hoping to find all the titles that were published.  I thought this made these two images particularly appropriate!  (I also think the first one of Little Jumping Joan is the best illustration for the sunbeam award that I have found so far.)


Past recipients of Sharon's Little Sunbeam Award:



Sharon's Little Sunbeam is my own personal 'no strings attached' award.  It is my way of thanking some of the wonderful people who enrich my blogging experience.  The recipient is introduced in a post like this one and a link to their blog remains on my sidebar for a week.  There are no conditions attached to the award.  The recipient does not need to answer any questions, pass the award on or even acknowledge that they have received it.  All they need to do is bask in my little sunbeam and enjoy it!

8 comments:

Kylie said...

I'm basking Sharon, thank you x

p.s. I LOVE that Jumping Joan pic.

x said...

What a nice post. That is a lovely ballet book. Appreciate that you shared it!

Unknown said...

What a lovely book. Kylie sounds like a great recipient.

Barbara said...

Hello Sharon, thank you so much for the introduction to Lucy violet vintage - what a lovely blog!
I adore the Margot Fonteyn and Michael Somes photograph; her dress is so pretty. I used to spend hours looking at things like that when I was a child - always dreaming of being a famous ballerina - didn't quite work out that way!

CraveCute said...

Yes,I love her blog too! Sharon you always find the most wonderful images! Lovely! ~Diane

GardenOfDaisies said...

She sounds like a very sweet friend! I'm heading over to take a look around her blog.

Donna Heber said...

Hi Sharon,

Congrats to Kylie! How lovely to have received a vintage book by Arnold Haskell. I want to let you know you were the winner of my Titanic CD. Please stop over to my blog.

Barbara said...

Hello Sharon, just wanted to say thank you for leaving the second comment on my blog. The first one was waiting for approval because it contained a link. Thanks for letting me know. Barbara.

Link/within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...